Monday, June 29, 2009

wisdom

Finally blogging after turning 21. Does it make a difference? Do I feel better? YES and HELL YEAH. I think the things we fear most and the gut feeling we have, no matter how we try and prevent and not think about, actually comes true in one way or another. Whether if it’s a side of you that people never see, to even that thought or as some of you folks call it, de ja vu. Its amazingly scary when it does come true. But based on 21 years, I can fairly say, EVERYTHING HAPPENDS FOR A REASON. Theres much said about fate, there is a lot said about thinking too much. But the biggest lesson I learnt is that WE MAKE OUR OWN FATE.

Saturday night in many ways was the night of my life. Turning 21. Friends, family, relatives, those you;ve met before and those whom you basically cant recall at all. Each and everyone of them, Its always an honour. The world is a wonderful place and its filled with people. Everyone has their purpose in the life of another. Good or bad. Its either something to cherish or something to learn. I got to see family mixing with friends, friends mixing with friends. It’s a good mix but standing up there on that stage giving a speech reminded me of how much people played a part in my life. Even if it’s the smallest gesture from someone or even if its that big. Point is, everyone has something to teach us for life is an unending journey of learning and never a destination.

Being 21 makes me feel wiser in a lot of ways. I’m not saying wise because I just feel old and want to think so. But I believe in the lessons I have learnt through out these short years. The 1st would obviously be missed opportunities, the 2nd would be mistakes and the 3rd would be the consequences because of those mistakes. Its never wrong to make a mistake. We are human and we learn from it, after all. That guy who invented to light bulb failed 99 times before he actually got a chance to see the bright. The wisdom, no matter what happends, there is a reason behind it and we sure to find that out one day.

Another important lesson is the gift of being humble, to listen to understand to cope and above all, to be respectful of the beliefs of others and what each and everyone of them stand for. I still think, there will be no fights if someone actually mustered the strength, and a patience devoid of ego. All the world needs is to listen more, to understand and to communicate. For understanding will never come with imagination or presumption, but only through conversation and understanding. The war in Iraq, the stuff going on in Iran. I personally feel that if someone took the time to find a balance and compromise, all of this would not be happening and there is a firm belief that we can all learn to co-exist and do our parts. But enough about Iraq and Iran. Back to domestic reality.

With the happenings of Saturday and it al being put together, it just emphasizes to me how giving in and understanding and conversation and compromise can make something fragile become magically beautiful. I ask you, if everyone were to judge and live in their own set of rules, we would be a deadly competitive lot and we would end the very civilization destroyed by ego. Does that make us animals or worse?

Be kind, be humble, dream, have ambitions but respect the beliefs of others and always communicate and compromise. Its what I missed out on and its what I intend to do.
-And oo yes, I feel wisdom and I feel peaceful yet fiery motivation to GET UP AND TAKE CONTROL OF MY LIFE.

Its your life, take control over it and be HUMAN. Nothing will stop you.
Ambitions are only possible with peace of mind. What have you done lately?

No comments: