Wednesday, June 24, 2009

21



Its been a long time coming this post. There always a heck of a lot of things to say each time I blog and the frustrating part is my sheer laziness! But yes, as with every post the same thing will be said, What a few weeks it has been!

Its an amazing feeling to live your dream each and everyday regardless of how tired, worn out and stressed it makes you. I guess when you love something, youd do anything for it and if its bad, you do all you can to make it better and if its good, you do everything to extract something even better out of it. Its true, the past weeks have taught me a lot. Be it flying, be it about life, be it about a relationship, friendship, even about money!



My days have been all over the place. Nights filled with thoughts, days filled with adrenalin, dreams, aims. I guess I am never really happy with what I have, I always believe in doing more and aiming even higher and when a dream has come true, another just ignites within hence the call for an even bigger improvement.



Flying continues to amaze me with every flight. Not only do I work with a dream aircraft, but I also get to meet different Captains. I get to learn from them. Everyone in this airline has something about them which is cool. Some captains are quite laid back and precise, whilst there are some who are extremely meticulous about detail there are some who simply take it in as it comes and I admire everyone I have flown with so far. Thus far, its amazing to fly with everyone. Who says being 60 makes you a cranky old trout? The 60 year old guys are really experienced and every announcement, to the point that every word is engineered from experience, the way they conduct approaches, the way we get around weather, the take off, the landing the radio calls. Heck its amazing to hear all of theyre stories throughout their careers! All that’s left for me to tell them is..well..Not much. I only flew them little planes before this. That’s it.




There is no immense pressure on your shoulders but becomes more relaxed to fly and performance is better as well. Im done with my turn around in about 12mins now! Used to take 25mins during line training. A step forward undoubtedly has been made but its bad to rest on laurels. My landings are very much better now and the confidence level has gone up as well as getting used to the whole being up at 3am and going to bed at 8pm now. I need to perfect minor details and come up with those bloody smart decisions the more experience guys come up with. Its still a learning curve with every flight not only about the aircraft but also the people around it and ultimately the guest we carry and whose support we need to remain competitive with the big guns the likes of SIA and the local one, MAS. Its just scary seeing those 777s and 747s just grounded near the maintenance hangar in KLIA. What more getting emails from the guys to keep out chins up and to perform even better. Its positive pressure and it helps in other areas well. I’m a better driver now and I don’t get this long ‘ceramah’ for being late or for choosing the wrong lanes on the road..or the correct restaurants on dates hahahahaha..



Its equally unbelievable knowing I’m gonna be 21 month end June. I honestly feel the same, but my family and those around me think it’s a big deal. Whats so significant about 21? The past 21 years is just the PAST and whats important is the future. Its not a call for celebration but its every reason to push even harder and to improve in every area to be honest. The thought of how f*cked the past was for me and how awesome it is now fills me up with determination and thats the only thing i need. Gratefully lucky mum and dad are gonna have a party and its out of this world to have some people over then. The Airasia X boss is gonna be there! How awesome is that, I cant wait to spend time with the family, Limabravo and my mates! It’s a bigger buzz and its even more motivating.




Will be flying to Trichy tomorrow. When the route was out in December been looking forward to getting a shot at it, tomorrow will be another dream being lived. I’m actually flying a commercial airliner to India! Off to prepare paperwork now, ciao!

No comments: