Sunday, May 31, 2009

Its finally here, this is HOME!



Hi guys, and thanks for dropping by still. Its been a long time coming and finally I can tell you guys proudly, THE DREAM HAS COME TRUE! From a dreamer as a kid to getting my but whooped in flying school, through ground courses through type rating, simulator and line training, I am an Airasia pilot!!On the Airbus A320!!!How amazing does it sound?Well, words will not do it justice.



Its been a long journey and fairly so, a tough and the most grueling of my life! It’s a bloody good feeling I tell u to finally get this over and done with. Everything happends for a reason and the phases thus far have not only thought me about FLYING but it has thought me about LIFE as a whole. Its been a life changing experience really, from the way you manage yourself to how criticism is accepted. The will to fight and also that burning desire to make it right after a mistake. The same cant be said for my landings, but with every flight it just gets better and better and this brings reason for optimism.



I was posted to Kota Kinabalu for about 3 days due to the lack of pilots over there and I was lucky enough to get a chance to be based there for 3 days and to complete my final phase of line training with Captain Christophel Yong.- An amazing guy, fun to fly with and someone I’d idolize. One of the very few besides Captain Feroz. I’d really like to thank all my instructors from flying school to Airasia who have been with me throughout. Amazing guys, theyre not easily pleased! With every guy having different



Working for Airasia has been a journey. Since day one. To learn more about the culture and to know what we’re about. The motivation and the simplicity. Its just so me!! It took a bit of adapting, and to be more assertive in what you do. After all we are not MAS. We are Airasia and doing the impossible is what we’re all about. Its amazing because the very same philosophy applies to real life in handling situations and people and theyre lousy crap (im kidding), point is, with every experience we do come across, there is always something to learn from it which is why EVERYTHING HAPPENDS FOR A REASON.



The line check went close to perfect. One of my best performances and I’m very pleased. To come home jumping into dads arms was sweet. Its true that the call for celebration was there, BUT. There still is a lot of work to do, there are other parts of life you need to focus on and I definitely can be a better pilot knowledge wise, fitness wise, in every sense personally and mentally as well. So that’s gonna be the agenda for the next few months. For now we must not rest on our laurels but instead push harder. I’m just relieved its here and I can now enjoy the job and hopefully make gains in other areas as well. Thanks for all of your support, prayers, wishes and most importantly, thank you for YOU GUYS. I’m sure we’ll be flying higher and toasting to many more margaritas, partying even harder now haha

This promotion jut makes me even hungry for more. Even motivated, more confident. Most of us know what to do, but very few of us do what we know. God I’m living this dream! Nothing will stop me.

Dream the impossible, never take no for answer and believe, the power of belief is enourmous. Have you any dreams lately?

Have agreat week guys, will blog more soon. Once again thanks for dropping by and for your support. Take care and Cheers!

No comments: